Information Technology - Triple Vocational A Level (BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) at Bolton Sixth Form College
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK FOR GOOGLE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE YOUR OWN SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE LIKE FACEBOOK OR WOULD YOU EVEN LIKE TO SEND A ROCKET TO SPACE? LOOK NO FURTHER!
This course is specifically designed for students who wish to progress into higher education or a career in the IT and computing industry. We will build upon your existing IT and computing skills, helping you to increase your practical and theoretical understanding of how computers are used everyday. This is a vocational course which will provide plenty of professional ‘hands on’ learning and experience. You will be taught by experienced professionals in our state dedicated, industry standard computer rooms, with up-to-date software which is also accessible from home. Whether for a simple spreadsheet formula or a space rocket launch, you will learn the basic functions behind it all. You will enjoy learning some computer code and who knows where that will lead you to in the future? A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. This course caters for many career paths as you will cover a range of units catering for your needs, enabling you to succeed in the world of Computing.
Over the two year course you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet client requirements
- Develop web content including code creation and editing
- Design and develop 2D and 3D graphic products
- Create digital animations and effects products
- Analyse forensic data evidence and information to identify security breaches on systems
- Plan a secure computer network and manage security incidents
- Understand how different information has a significant role in the world around us and plays a part in almost everything we do
- Produce information to support many business processes as well as our social lives - relational databases are widely used to manage and process data
- Create accounts for social media sites for online community building
- Carry out the planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of an IT project, using an appropriate methodology
Links with other subjects:
Information Technology will combine well with a range of other subjects including Graphics, Physics, Electronics, Computer Science and Maths.
Students will be expected to have five GCSEs at grade 9-4, or a Merit in a relevant vocational Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent). In addition, students will need grade 4 GCSE English Language and a minimum grade 3 in Mathematics. GCSE Computer Science or BTEC Level 2 in ICT/Computing at grade 3 or equivalent would be advantageous.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
This qualification will open many doors. If you want to become a professional IT project manager, data analyst or even a business analyst as there are opportunities in the UK and around the world. Further opportunities can be found in computing careers working as a programmer, designer or tester.
Please visit the College website www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk or email email@example.com for further course information.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.