Painting and Decorating Level 1 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
This course is for those wishing to embark into Painting and Decorating, Interior Design and Sign writing
Theory and Practical to cover the following:
- Health and Safety
- Preparation Services
- Application of Paints, Brush, Roller
- Paperhanging to Ceiling and walls
- Basic Decoration Effects
- Efficient working practices
- Protecting/masking services and storage of materials
- Relevant Key Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Practical and Theory based assessments both in the classroom and workshop and Multi-choice external examination paper.
Students will be required to provide their own boots, overalls, stationary equipment. Safety footwear must be worn at all times in the workshop.
Please note there is a £75 material fee on this courses for a tool kit.
- Further study to Diploma Level 2
- Employment in the Painting & Decorating Industry
- Apprenticeship Programme
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.