Level 2 Sport and Fitness Diploma at Wigan Warriors Performance and Education Academy
The Level 2 Sport and Fitness course is ideal for learners who want a career in the Sports, Coaching or Health & Fitness Sector.
Learners will complete qualifications in Level 2 Gym Instruction, Level 2 Circuit Training, Level 2 Sports Coaching and Level 2 Activity Leadership.
This course provides a pathway to employment or the opportunity to progress onto higher level studies with Wigan Warriors. Learners will develop coaching and instruction skills whilst learning the theory behind sports performance & fitness, personal development and self-confidence through specialised practical sport and theory sessions.
Lessons are a mix of indoor, outdoor practical sports and fitness instructing within the Central Park gym. Theory sessions are held within the classroom environment to develop knowledge and understanding. Learners will benefit from guest speakers from the Wigan Warriors Coaching Staff, plus strength and conditioning sessions held by the Warriors team.
Sports & Fitness
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 2 Circuit Trainer
- Level 2 Sports Coach
- Level 2 Sports Activity Leader
General Development Units Include:
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Customer Care and Diversity in Active Leisure
- Health, Safety, Security and Welfare in Active Leisure
- Developing Self in an Active Leisure Job Role
- Teamwork in Active Leisure
Applicants must have a minimum of 4 GCSE Grade A - D or equivalent.
Applicants will work towards completing GCSE English and Maths if not already achieved or Functional Skills.
Applicants must have a real interest in playing Sports
Learners are assessed through the completion of a portfolio that includes:
- Set Worksheets,
- Practical observations of Performance
- Written tests
Eligible Learners can apply for direct financial support through application to receive a monthly Bursary.
This application is means tested against the parental income and circumstance.
- Progression into Employment in the Sport and Fitness Sector including coaching and instructing sport and physical exercise.
- Progression onto Higher Education with Wigan Warriors.
Pupils and parents can contact Wigan Warriors Direct to arrange a Tour of Facilities and Course Interview with the education team by
- Calling: 01942 762 880
- Email: Education@wiganwarriors.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.