Bench Carpentry - Level 2 at South Devon College
This apprenticeship programme provides you with experience in joinery, developing practical skills relating to introudction joints and manufacturing external doors, straight stairs and staircases. During your time at College you will learn theory that relates to health and safety, design ergonomics, anthropometrics, marking out techniques and the use of hand and power tools. This will then be refined and developed in a professional context with your employer, and be monitored by your dedicated work-based assessor.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety
- Working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Setting out details for routine bench/architectural joinery products
- Manufacturing routine bench/architectural joinery products
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.