Applied Science BTEC Diploma Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Chemistry and our earth
- Energy and our universe
- Biology and our environment
- The living body Exploring our universe
- Health applications of life sciences
- Applications of chemical substances
- Applications of physical science
- Using mathematical tools in science
- Chemical analysis and detection
- Practical scientific project
If you want to work in the science profession, this course will give you a good understanding of biology, chemistry and physics and the theories and practices involved in each area.
You will look at the universe and environment, the living body and health applications of life sciences, as well as exploring science as an industry, its related services and what jobs and careers are available in the field.
The skills and knowledge you gain on the course will enable you to progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science or get an entry-level job in a range of scientific areas.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
- You will also be required to attend a college interview/assessment
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation, written assessment, assignments and research.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
Progress on to the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science
Get an entry-level job in a range of areas including new product testing, hospital laboratory work, product development and quality control, food science and scientific research
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.