Humanities Level 2 Diploma at Newham College of Further Education
You will be studying a range of units in areas such as Law, Business, Citizenship, Psychology and Sociology. Humanities encompass each of these topics and you will learn about:
- the ways in which young people interact with the law,
- business enterprise and entrepreneurship,
- the way that local and central government works,
- the way the brain works and how stress affects it
- social behaviour and family relationships.
You will also acquire useful personal skills, build up your self-confidence and develop your interests so that you can pursue further study. This course will also enable you to achieve a Level 2 NOCN Diploma in Progression. You will also be able to gain a qualification in Functional Skills English.
You must have one of the following criteria, in order to enrol for this course:
- 5 GCSE passes at grades D-G including English, or where more appropriate Maths, at grade D
- Key Skills in applied communications or where more appropriate applied numeracy at level 1
- NOCN progression Certificate/Diploma at level 1 with the National Basic Skills Test at level 1 or Functional Skills
- International qualifications that are equivalent to level 1 courses in the UK - equivalence can be determined by qualified guidance staff within Admissions You will be invited to the college for an interview. This may include an assessment of your English and Maths skills.
This diploma will prepare you for further studies at level 3. This means you should be able to enrol for courses such as A Levels, Access or BTEC qualifications when you complete the course. Alternatively you could go straight into employment if that is what you prefer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newham College of Further Education directly.