Triple BTEC in Applied Science at Blackpool Sixth Form College
The BTEC Applied Science qualifications are designed to provide specialist work related programmes of study that cover the key knowledge and practical skills required in the science sector. They provide an excellent route to employment in the science industry or within organisations which make use of science.
This course is an Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A levels). It is also available as the Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels).
Year one includes:
- Fundamentals of science
- Working in the science industry
- Scientific practical techniques
- Perceptions of science
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Forensic evidence and collection
- Scientific investigation
- Using mathematics tools for science
- Using statistics for science
- Science in the workplace
- Chemical laboratory techniques
- Traffic accident investigation
- Physiology of human body systems
- Physiology of human regulation and reproduction
- Microbiological techniques
- Chemistry for biology technicians
- Forensic science informatics
- Criminal investigations in practice
You will need at least one Science GCSE at grade C or above or a BTEC Level 2 in a Science subject.
This course is 100% coursework
Exam board: Edexcel
BTEC qualifications are recognised by employers and may enable progression to a career in a forensic laboratory, laboratory research, scientific technology or academic laboratory work. Alternatively, students may progress to a university course in Forensic Science, Nursing, Applied Science, Law, Criminal Psychology or Teacher Training.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.