Retail Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to develop your career in the diverse retail sector? This course will extend your knowledge of retail work, and give you a clear understanding of your responsibilities within an organisation. You will be able to choose one of the two specialist routes, either management or visual merchandising.
The course is ideal for students progressing from the Level 2 Retail Knowledge and Skills course and those who have been working in the retail sector and want to further develop their knowledge in a specific retail role.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Real shop experience within the college shop The Kiosk, including shift management and visual merchandising management experience
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Relevant Level 2 qualification
- A range of professional and life experience may be taken into account, regardless of qualifications
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of the programme can lead to a range of options in employment and education. In education, the qualifications you gain will be welcomed by universities, and you could progress onto a range of Higher Education courses.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- BA (Hons) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- HND / HNC Business, available at Bangor
You could also take our AAT courses to train in accounting, which are available at:
Alternatively, you could apply for an apprenticeship in a related area, or progress into a range of employment contexts.
If you choose to progress directly into employment, you will be able to gain specialised administrative work in various public and private sector contexts. You may also use your skills and qualifications to develop a part-time or casual job into a profession. Alternatively, you could enter a management training program to advance your career.Career opportunities
- Logistics Manager
- Retail Manager
- Sales Executive
Programme code: 0701A03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.