Computing at Dyson Perrins CofE Academy
This qualification gives students a general grounding in computing, including an understanding of computer systems, the principles of programming and problem-solving.
* Capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically.
* An understanding of the organisation of computer systems
* The ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of computing, including programming, in a range of contexts to solve problems.
* The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of the subject.
* An understanding of the consequences of using computer, an awareness of emerging technologies and an appreciation of their potential impact on society.
* Computer fundamentals (External Exam)Hardware, software; structure & management of data; life cycles of systems etc.
* Programming techniques and logical methods (External Exam)
* Advanced Computing Theory (External Exam) * Computing Project (Coursework)
Students must have gained at least a B Grade for Maths GCSE.Having qualifications in GCSE ICT/Computing will be an initial advantage, but these are not necessar to take the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dyson Perrins CofE Academy directly.