Drama and Theatre AS/A2 at Rainham Mark Grammar School
- To promote an enjoyment of and an interest in drama and theatre both as a participant and as an informed member of an audience.
- To extend the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to communicate through drama and theatre.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of the significance of social, cultural and historical influences on the development of drama and theatre.
- To experience a range of opportunities to develop a variety of dramatic and theatrical skills, enabling students to grow creatively and imaginatively in both devised and scripted work.
- To provide a worthwhile and complete course of study that broadens experience, develops imagination, fosters creativity and promotes personal and social development through the exploration of drama.
The course is taught in three components covering:
- Devised Drama
- Performing from a scripted text
- Responding to scripted texts from the perspective of actor, director and designer
Students must have a 6 in Drama at GCSE and at least 5s in English Language and Literature. A commitment to extra-curricular drama is also preferred.
- Internal examination and external moderation of devised and scripted performances
- External examination of scripted performances
- Externally examined written paper
- Weighting divided amongst practical and written work
The A Level in Drama and Theatre Studies provides a strong foundation for those students wishing to pursue further study in the subject at HND or degree level after they leave school. The course also enables students to gain access to a range of people-orientated careers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rainham Mark Grammar School directly.