Chemistry AQA A Level 'Fees payable' at Hethersett Old Hall School
What and how will I study?
With a mix of laboratory practical and theoretical
teaching, the course covers a range of fascinating and challenging topics within the following units:
The first year of A Level:
- You will learn about the structure of the atom, the importance of atomic masses, formulae and equations, chemical calculations, chemical bonding and structure, energetics, redox, equilibria and kinetics.
- You will learn about periodicity and the trends and patterns in the periodic table, the elements in group 2 and the elements in group 7.
- You will learn about the properties and reactions of alkanes, halogenoalkanes, alkenes, alcohols and the analysis of organic compounds.
The second year of A Level:
- You will study thermodynamics, rate equations, equilibrium constants for homogeneous systems, electrode potentials, electrochemical cells, acids and bases.
- You will study the properties of the period 3 elements and their oxides, transition metal chemistry and the reactions of ions in aqueous solution.
- You will study optical isomerism, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and their derivatives, aromatic chemistry, amines, polymers, amino acids, proteins and DNA, organic synthesis and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
ATTENTION: Please ensure that you understand that course fees will be payable before submitting your application.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hethersett Old Hall School directly.