Chemistry AS/A2 Level at Holte School
Why study A-level Chemistry?
• Enjoyable and motivational.
• Improving performance through a skill based subject.
• Stretch and challenge opportunities.
• Build on GCSE knowledge.
• Good progression routes into University Undergraduate courses.
• Broadens the appeal of Chemistry by showing how it relates to people’s lives.
• Introduce applications first and develop theory when appropriate.
• Theory is linked to relevant context
• Learning through a range of specially designed innovative activities linked to the course.
Unit F331 - Chemistry for Life
Unit F332 - Chemistry of Natural Resources
Unit F333 - Chemistry in Practice
Unit F334 - Chemistry of Materials
Unit F335 - Chemistry by Design
Unit F336 - Chemistry, Individual Investigation
5 GCSE’s grade A*-C including English and Mathematics.
Double award science must have been achieved at a minimum of CC, preferably a grade BB.
Year 1 - AS
Unit F331 - (15%) 1 1/4 hours written paper
Unit F332 - (25%) 1 3/4 hours written paper
Unit F333 -(10%) Coursework
Year 2 - A2 Level
Unit F334 - (15%) 1 1/2 hours written paper
Unit F335 - (20%) 2 hours written paper
Unit F336 - (15%) Coursework
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holte School directly.