Drama and Theatre A Level at Caedmon College Whitby
A-level in Drama and Theatre offers a practical and challenging course of study which encourages learners to:
- develop and apply an informed, analytical framework for making, performing, interpreting and understanding drama and theatre
- understand the place of relevant theoretical research in informing the processes and practices involved in creating theatre and the place of practical exploration in informing theoretical knowledge of drama and theatre
- develop an understanding and appreciation of how the social, cultural and historical contexts of performance texts have influenced the development of drama and theatre
- understand the practices used in twenty-first century theatre making
- experience a range of opportunities to create theatre, both published text-based and devised work
- participate as a theatre maker and as an audience member in live theatre
- understand and experience the collaborative relationship between various roles within theatre
- develop and demonstrate a range of theatre making skills
- develop the creativity and independence to become effective theatre makers
- adopt safe working practices as a theatre maker
- analyse and evaluate their own work and the work of others.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caedmon College Whitby directly.
Last updated date: 28 October 2016