Design Technology - Product Design 3D Design at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
AS Units Unit 1
The paper consists of three sections
* Section 1 contains compulsory limited response questions
* Section 2 offers a choice of one question from two.
* Section 3 contains one compulsory question.
* 80 marks for Unit 1 Unit 2 Written (or electronic) Design Portfolio
* Manufactured outcome(s)
* A revised candidate record form
* Coursework may take a number of forms: a single design-and-make project or two smaller projects or a portfolio of work.
* 80 Marks for Unit 2 Unit 3 Consisting of two sections (with three questions in each section) with a choice of three questions from six.
* Candidates are required to answer one question from each section and also a final question from either section.
* 84 marks for Unit 3 Unit 4 Written (or electronic) Design Folder
* Manufactured outcome
* A revised Candidate Record Form
* Candidates submit evidence of a single, substantial designing and making activity.
* 80 marks for Unit 4.
* Innovative, creative and keen to produce high quality products.
* Keen to learn from the past and develop the future.
* Competent in Maths, English and Science.
* Want to develop your ICT skills to enhance your design and technological capability.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.