Engineering Manufacturing Apprenticeship Level 3 at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacturing framework is aimed at those who wish to pursue a career in mechanical manufacturing engineering. This framework has been designed to address the skills gaps and shortages identified by employers and to address the issue of an ageing workforce, by attracting young people into the engineering industry and providing them with the skills, knowledge and experience that employers are seeking.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Manufacturing, including:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Bench fitting techniques
Optional units can be chosen within:
- CNC machining
- Tool setting
- Fitting and assembly
- Mechanical overhaul and testing
- Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Engineering
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable)
- Employment rights & responsibilities
- Personal learning & thinking skills
Entry criteria minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A*–B, to including Maths and Science and grade A*–C in English and Design Technology. Equivalent qualifications and prior experience will be considered.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.