Product Design (Design & Technology) A Level at Pembroke School/ Ysgol Penfro
AS Course Content
DT1 - Examination
· 4 main areas of study : designing and innovation product analysis, materials and components and industrial and commercial practice.
DT2 - Coursework
· Completion of an extended piece of coursework which includes practical work, product analysis, investigations and research activities.
· Bauhaus and Memphis design schools are examples used as inspiration for students.
A2 Course Content
DT3 - Examination
· In addition to extending the areas covered at AS Level, production systems and control, human responsibility, public interaction and processes are studied at A2.
DT4 - Coursework
· A major design and make task (selected by the student) – an in-depth investigation into a selected topic to enable students to display designing and manufacturing skills in the materials of their choice.
· Minimum Grade C at GCSE (however individuals without GCSE Design & Technology will be considered).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Pembroke School/ Ysgol Penfro directly.