History A Level at Raynes Park High School
The aims of this specification are to:
- Develop a coherent knowledge of the past – both within and across the topics chosen;
- Develop and apply understanding of historical concepts – including explanation, evidence, interpretations and significance;
- Develop the techniques of critical thinking in a historical context – and the skills necessary to analyse and solve historical problems;
- Develop critical awareness of a range of historical dimensions
- Develop the ability to communicate historical arguments and conclusions clearly and succinctly with reference to appropriate historical terminology
- Paper 1, Option 1H: Britain transformed, 1918–97
- Paper 2, Option 2H.2: The USA, 1955–92: conformity and challenge.
- Paper 3 options: The witch craze in Britain, Europe and North America, c1580–c1750
5 GCSEs at C and above (including Bs and above in English and History)
A2 20% Coursework
A2 80% Exam
All arts and social science degrees including history, law, English sociology, economics, politics etc., would be open to you. In terms of careers there are obvious routes into law, journalism and the wider media, education and local or national government and any part of the civil service.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Raynes Park High School directly.