Economics A level at Haberdashers' Aske's Knights Academy
Component 1: Introduction to Economics Principles (microeconomics)
- Scarcity and choice
- Demand and supply in product markets
- Demand and supply in labour markets
- Resource allocation
- Market failure
Component 2: Exploring Economic Issues (macroeconomics)
- Macroeconomic theory
- Macroeconomic objectives
- Policy instruments
- International trade
The minimum requirement to study at Knights Academy is at least 3 GCSEs A*-C plus English and Maths at grade 6
Paper 1: 40% of AS marks; 1 hour examination; 60 marks
Compulsory short answers and structured questions covering all AS content (microeconomics and macroeconomics).
Paper 2: 60% of AS marks; 2 hour examination; 80 marks
Compulsory data response questions covering all AS content (microeconomics and macroeconomics).
Both papers will also assess quantitative skills that are relevant to the subject content, including being able to:
- calculate, use and understand ratios and fractions
- calculate, use and understand percentages and percentage changes
- understand and use the terms mean, median and relevant quantiles
- construct and interpret a range of standard graphical forms
- calculate and interpret index numbers
- make calculations of elasticity and interpret the result
- interpret, apply and analyse information in written, graphical and numerical forms.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haberdashers' Aske's Knights Academy directly.