Animal Management – Level 3 Diploma at Sparsholt College
This course will give you the skills, knowledge and practical understanding to progress into employment or for study at university. In the first year you’ll gain a solid foundation in animal science and husbandry and then in the second year you’ll select a pathway in zoo work, veterinary health or welfare.
We immerse you in the world of animal studies with a host of industry guests and speakers, visits to zoological parks, specialist veterinary centres and conservation centres. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend residential study tours both in the UK and South Africa, giving you the chance to work with wild animals as well as making valuable industry contacts.Topics Covered
• Practical animal handling and behaviour with dogs, avian and other exotic species
• Health and nutrition
• Accommodation and feeding
• Breeding and welfare
• Biology and anatomy
• Specialist units in exotic animals and/or nursing
Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care.
• FdSc in Animal Management
• Apprenticeship in Veterinary Nursing or Animal Care
• Veterinary Nurse or Assistant
• Pet retail including specialist outlets
• Kennels and catteries
• Grooming and hydrotherapy
• Animal rescue centres (wild and domestic)
• Animal training and behaviour
• Keeper or Education Officer in animal collections
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.