Fashion and Textiles at Newmarket Academy
BTEC specialist qualifications are qualifications at entry level to level 3 in the qualifications and credit framework (QCF) and are designed to provide specialist work related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
Students should study all core units of the BTEC. Students will develop knowledge and understanding of the basic elements of fashion design. Students will look at the application of personal judgements and appropriate criteria in the appraisal of fashion products and fashion design systems.
The Edexcel BTEC level 3 qualification in fashion and clothing has been developed to give students the opportunity to:
- Gain a qualification that is an additional specialist learning component of a diploma.
- Develop specialist skills in fashion and clothing in the art and design sector.
- Achieve a stand alone qualification in fashion and clothing in the art and design sector.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally related qualification progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide students with opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in fashion design.
The Edexcel BTEC level 3 Diploma in fashion and clothing (QCF) is a 60 credit and 360 guided learning hours (GLH) qualification. All units within these qualifications are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the acheivement of all the specified learning outcomes.
Each of the units within the course have specified assessment criteria and grading criteria. A summative unit grade can be awarded at pass, merit or distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newmarket Academy directly.