Electrotechnical Technology Level 2 Certificate at Millennium Academy Ltd
This course aims to equip candidates with the knowledge and understanding for electrotechnical technology. It is made up of four units containing skills and knowledge which reflect the scope of the National occupational standards.
Working effectively and safely in the electrotechnical environment
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and related legislation
- Electricity At Work Regulations 1989
- Risk Assessments
- Good House Keeping
- Safe Isolation procedures
- Emergency Procedures
- Electrotechnical Information, drawings, and diagrams
Principles of electrotechnical principles
- Electrical science & Principles
- Ohm’s Law
- Power Generation, ac and dc supplies
- Magnetism, Transformers
- Wiring methods, Protective devices
Application of Health & Safety and Electrical Principles
- Access equipment, Manual Handling, Site security and Waste disposal
- Interpreting drawings, Taking measurement, Preparing material lists
- AC theory, Ac and Dc machines
Installation (Buildings & Structures)
- BS7671 and Codes of Practice
- Wiring systems
- Cable calculations
- Lighting and Power circuits
- Special Locations
No formal qualifications are required; however it is recommended that candidates have Basic Skills at level 2.
Four on-line multiple choice exams, one for each unit, and two practical assignments internally assessed and verified.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.