Double BTEC in Health & Social Care at Blackpool Sixth Form College
BTEC Health and Social Care is a challenging course that is designed to provide highly specialist work-related qualification. You will develop the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to be prepared for employment or higher education. You will apply work in the classroom to real life work in the Health and Social Care sector.
This course is a BTEC Level 3 Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels). It is also available as an Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A levels).
Year one includes:
- Developing effective communication for the health and social care sector
- Development at each of the life stages
- Professional development through work placement in the health and social care sector
- Psychology and Sociology for health and social care
Year two includes:
- How to deal with challenging behaviour
- Nutrition and its importance in health and social care
- Personal and professional development in the health and social care sector
An enthusiastic interest in the varied aspects of the health and care sector. Motivation to access a variety of work placements.
Exam board: Edexcel
BTEC Health and Social Care (with other suitable advanced level courses) will prepare you for a number of degree courses in areas such as, health and social care, mental health, nursing, primary teaching, radiography, occupational therapy.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.