Construction & the Built Environment BTEC Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma at NewVIc
You will learn about the fundamentals of Construction and the Built Environment involved in today’s construction industries. This course will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills needed for employment and further education.
The course will focus on:
- the structure of the Construction industry
- health, safety and welfare in Construction
- sustainability in the Construction industry
- building services and techniques in Construction
- construction methods, processes and operations for low-rise domestic buildings
- construction drawing techniques
- use of Science and Mathematics in Construction
On the course you will:
- develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career in Construction
- acquire practical skills in technical drawing
- enhance your Numeracy skills and techniques
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including a 9-4 grade in Mathematics and a grade A*-D in one other relevant subject, plus a good school reference and an interest in Construction and the Built environment.
You will be assessed by an externally set exam and internally assessed coursework.
You will be able to progress to the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built environment, electronic or mechanical engineering (see page 95 and page 102), before applying to university or going into employment. You will be prepared to enter technologyrelated employment in the Construction industry.
Students on a Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade 4 or below at GCSE. Students with Grade 5 and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.