Retail Skills (SFLE) Open Awards Certificate/Diploma Level 1 at St Helens College
This course is designed to provide important knowledge and understanding of working in a retail environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop and demonstrate personal qualities and skills which are essential to successful employment within retail. The course includes the opportunity to complete a work placement and work towards a recognised English and maths qualification.
During this course, you will study a variety of topics including developing your own social skills, college induction, time management, job seeking skills and a work-based placement.
The course aims to:
- Engage learners and help to identify individual and personal strengths for progression to further learning and/or employment.
- Provide opportunities in learning which enable learners to realise their potential.
- Enable learners to develop their literacy and/or numeracy skills.
- Allow learners to gain knowledge in a vocational subject area which will aid further learning and career progression decisions.
- Enable learners with essential career, social and personal development skills.
- Provide learning opportunities which are stimulating and engaging.
Benefits to you:
- The Certificate and Diploma enable increased flexibility.
- Learners achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
- Learners develop career, social and personal development skills.
- Units are achieved over a period of time.
- A wide range of assessment methods to suit learners needs.
- Learners benefit from a work-based placement to gain valuable experience in a realistic environment.
You will need to have successfully completed an entry level 3 course and/or be able to demonstrate the ability to work at level 1.
You will be assessed throughout the year through a combination of observations and portfolio building. Maths and English will include some formal examinations.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
This course could lead to further study within education or enable you to apply for available jobs in the retail sector.
You will now have an overall understanding of the retail sector and the opportunity to progress onto voluntary and/or paid work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.