Biology A Level at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Biology?
- I enjoy laboratory work and carrying out investigations
- I am interested in studying living organisms
- I hope to study a science-based course at university
Biology A-level consists of a range of activities: lectures, discussion, fieldwork, practical work and investigations, with six modules over two years covering:
- Foundations in Biology
- Exchange and transport
- Biodiversity, evolution and disease
- Communications, homeostasis and energy
- Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
- Development of practical skills in biology.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
- Many degree courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Agriculture, Biology, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Careers in industry or the Health Service
- Other science degrees and careers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.