Shopfitting Joinery Apprenticeship Level 3 at CDC
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations - Shopfitting Site Work has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification.
It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Shopfitting Site Work within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
You'll make and install fixtures and fittings in shops, bars and other premises. You might also build and refurbish shop fronts and doorways.
All learning done in the workplace with the exception of guided learning sessions 1 day per week at the Construction Design Centre and functional skills which, if required, is done through timetabled sessions also within the centre.
The framework is made up of mandatory and optional units which include;
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Installing Shopfitting Frames and Finishings in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Installing Shopfitting Fitments in the Workplace
- Installing Shopfronts and Finishings in the Workplace
- Setting Up and Using Fixed Machinery in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
A prior Level 2 Joinery qualification or significant relevant experience would also be required.
The qualification is assessed in two ways;
- Multiple choice question paper, covering knowledge outcomes.
- Practical assignment, covering performance outcomes.
This level 3 qualification will give you a robust understanding of Wood Occupations. This means you will learn the skills, knowledge and understanding required for you to enter work or progress onto the level 4 in Construction Site Supervision.
This qualification will enable and/or prepare the learner to progress in Shopfitting Site Work and on completion of this qualification, progress into employment in their chosen trade.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.