ICT AS/A Level at Chipping Norton School
AS and A2 Level
- Develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations
- Develop an understanding of the main principles and skills of solving problems using ICT
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of ICT and use skills (e.g. planning, research evaluation, problem solving) in vocational contexts
- Develop an understanding of the impact of information systems on organisations'
- personnel policies and practices
- Develop project management skills and an understanding of the need to work with others
There is an examination for unit two and the exam board will set and mark an assignment for unit nine, but for the other units you will produce and collect evidence for a portfolio, which will be a showcase for your achievements.
Unit 1 - Using ICT to communicate
Unit 2 - How organisations use ICT
Unit 3 - ICT solutions for individuals and society
Unit 9 - Working to a brief
Unit 11 - Interactive multimedia products (Portfolio)
Unit 12 - Publishing (Portfolio)
AS - 33% Examination 1hr 30 min with pre-release case study
Coursework - 2x (AS) pieces (33% each)
A Level - 3 x A2 pieces - one piece externally assessed
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chipping Norton School directly.