Law at Range High School
Studying Law at Range offers the opportunity to learn about Law, what they are, how they made, who makes them and how they are enforced.
As well as covering the subjects from an academic perspective, namely:
* EU Law
* English Legal System
* Sources of Law
You will also gain a practical insight by:
* Attending courts, both Magistrates and Crown
* Law Conferences
* Visits to the Houses of Parliament and Royal Courts of Justice in London.
The OCR course provides a grounding in the main principles of English and European Law and their developments. Students' knowledge and understanding is enhanced by studying court structure, staff and duties and functions. Students develop techniques of ordered thinking and acquire skills necessary to analyse and solve problems by applying legal rules. Students are encouraged to be critical of the changing nature of the legal system. Students develop the ability to argue legally and gain an understanding of not just legal issues but also moral concerns in society through a consideration of the principles involved.
To be guaranteed a place on this course you need to meet the Admission Criteria for Range High School Sixth Form:
* A grade B in English at higher level, as a high standard of fluency and accuracy in spoken and written English is essential if students are to do well.
* Satisfactory academic and attitude references.
* Be prepared to work hard, be organised and self disciplined.
* At least a grade C in any five subjects
* A desire to succeed
* You will also need to be able to present an argument whilst also importantly have the skill of listening.
However there are no specific patterns of subjects that need to be studied at ‘A’ level to read Law, all combinations are considered.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Range High School directly.