Accessibility links

A Level Photography at Seaford Head School and 6th form centre

Course description

You will build on skills learnt at KS4 and work on a larger scale in a more ambitious and meaningful way.

There are opportunities to work with traditional materials, such as paint, print-making, clay and plaster, as well as using digital media for research and developing ideas. 

Throughout the course and for your final exam, you will be expected to work with more independence and choose your own materials, art form and subject matter.

 

Course content

The course consists of two main projects

Unit 1 - ‘Autobiography’ (Terms 1-3), where you will be required to produce three main outcomes,

Unit 2 -  Externally Set Assignment (Terms 4-5).                              

Exam Board: Edexcel                                                                                                             

Entry requirements

Preferably a GCSE design subject e.g. Art, Technology, Graphics, Photography, Media Studies grade 5 or higher.  

Above all, you will need to have a healthy enthusiasm for the subject and be prepared to work hard, particularly with independent study. 

Assessment

All of the work you complete in lessons and for homework tasks forms part of your coursework.

This accounts for 60% of your final grade. The exam accounts for the remaining 40%. This is set over two days (eight hours) where you will have sixteen weeks to plan and prepare. All work is formally assessed at the end of each unit and again at the end of the course, so there is always the opportunity to improve your grade.

 

Financial information

No enrolement fee.

Resource fees may apply.

Future opportunities

Art and Design Foundation, Photography degree.

Further information

Rebekah Anderson  — S6H Student

“The new darkroom is great – I    really enjoy using it”.

Kallum Harding—S6H Student

“I really like the new Mac room and using Photoshop to improve my digital manipulation skills. It is great to be able to print them on such a large scale”

 

 

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 20 September 2018
Provider logo

Key information

Contact details

Venues