Arboriculture - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme covers a range of skills and related practices required to carry out the main tasks of an arborist. There is a high emphasis on practical skills and industry experience.
It is suitable for those seeking or employed in their first role within the arboriculture industry.
Programme Structure: The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Trees and Timber
- Level 2 Certificate in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Math’s
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid
Course content includes:
- Tree Identification
- Chainsaw use
- Tree climbing & dismantling
- Tree felling
- Health & safety
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Arboriculture, Countryside Management or Horticulture
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.