Art & Design Foundation Studies Diploma EDEX Level 3 at Hertford Regional College
- The UK has the largest cultural economy in the world, relative to GDP
- Students annually run a live arts community project ‘Big Draw’ and exhibit their work in a professional gallery environment, which is open to the public
- Students progress predominantly to degree level study of creative subjects at institutions across the UK and develop a body of work and critical skills for direct progression to specific degree programmes
- Develop your conceptual understanding, critical thinking skills and engage in critical debate towards practical outcomes in a range of media
- Attend group and independently planned enrichment visits to inform and contextualise your practice
- Establish the basis of a personal visual identity and a digital presence to showcase your work and ideas, which you can continue to build on at degree level
- Engage in collaborative projects and a comprehensive range of creative skills applications, including digital technology
- Take part in Employer Engagement workshops lead by Foundation Diploma Alumni who are established practitioners in the art and design industry
- Produce a sophisticated portfolio of work directed towards progression to specific degree programmes and areas of contemporary creative practice
- Develop existing skills in English, Maths and software applications
- You need to be at least 18 years of age
- 200 GCSE points (5 GCSEs at Grade C or above) including English Language and Mathematics with additional A Levels, or a National Diploma or a Vocational A Level (AVCE) in a related field
- You will have to provide examples of art and design work at interview
- We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications
Course work will be assessed at each stage of the programme, culminating in a Final Major Project at the Confirmatory stage.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will have gained a nationally recognised qualification and developed your personal skills. Students progress predominantly to degree level study of creative subjects at institutions across the UK and develop a body of work and critical skills for direct progression to specific degree programmes.
- An intensive and challenging one year programme that bridges the gap between the structure of level 3 study (A Levels) and Level 4 (university)
- Learning to challenge pre-conceptions of what art can be, take risks and make exciting and innovative work
- Develop intellectual curiosity through critical understanding and advanced learning
- Provide a context in which students are able to identify and interpret their strengths and direction through continuous diagnostic and progressive exploration of skills and concepts central to art, design, craft and communication practice
- Curate your work in a professional exhibition space, open to the public, supported by specialist technicians.
What will I need?
All students need to purchase a course art kit at a cost of £110, and an A1 portfolio. In addition, students are expected to make a financial contribution to visits of approximately £50 for the year. Students may also need to provide specialist materials.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.