Land Based Service Engineering - Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Easton & Otley College
This programme combines sound understanding with technical skills, building on the land based service engineering experience and knowledge already gained in industry. The objectives of the course are to ensure the further development of practical skills & related background knowledge required to work at the advanced technician level within the agricultural and horticultural machinery industries.Suitable For: Those who want to enhance their technical skills and knowledge within the agricultural and horticultural machinery industries
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including
- Level 3 Diploma in Work-based Land-based Engineering Operations
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Service and repair of transmissions, engines, systems and components
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Monitor the handover and installation
- Recognise and reduce risks in the work area
- Understand and follow organisational procedures
- Customer care
- Use of calculations
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Foundation Degree in Engineering or Management Training courses.
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to membership of the Agricultural Engineers Association (AEA) and also the Landbased Technician Association (LTA).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.