Music (Performing) BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at The Mandeville School
The Music course is geared towards those with a keen interest in the performance and composition side of music. You will tailor your course to your own needs and interests. It looks at improving performance and/or composition skills and provides the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in music overall. This course is appropriate for anyone interested in practical music making and those suited to a coursework based course.
Students taking this course will learn how to:
- Perform as part of their own ensemble and understand the processes leading to this
- Organise events such as concerts, workshops and fundraisers in a musical setting
- Research a musical topic which interests students in more detail
- Compose music for different types of events and in varying styles
- Apply effective instrumental or vocal technique to solo performance.
Students will also learn about many other aspects of music some of which depend on the route they decide to take.
5 GCSE’s A*-C and a genuine interest in music.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Mandeville School directly.