Business Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
This course allows you to study business and retail in a very supportive environment. You will be shown how to relate to this in a practical way by being involved in local trips and running your very own business as part of the Young Enterprise Scheme.
This is your chance to enjoy running a business whilst being supported by tutors and business advisors. Every year the students regularly win awards as part of this hugely enjoyable experience.
This course focuses on how businesses work and includes pathways in both finance and administration. It is designed to help you develop excellent interpersonal skills and gives you a good grounding in many of the important business skills at an intermediate level.
You will learn about customer care, finance and employees’ rights as well as how to manage your own time and organise your own work. If you are confident and enthusiastic and like meeting new people this could be the right course for you.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Working in Business Teams and Team Leading
- Business Support or Administration
- Personal Selling
- Running Businesses Online
- Enterprise and Business Start-up
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above, to include English and maths, or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate an enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
The emphasis of the course is on ‘learning by doing’, which involves assessment by projects, case studies and assignments. Local visits and work experience will also be included.
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.