Business Administration Level Two Diploma at East Riding College
This qualification is for people who want to work in an administrative support role in public or private sector organisations, or for people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. A qualification in business administration can help you succeed in a support role in any size or type of organisation.
You could gain employment as a
- Personal assistant
- Office supervisor/team leader
You will spend one day per week on a work placement and be observed by an assessor on your competence within an administrative field. You will collect relevant work based evidence for your Portfolio units.
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understanding employer organisations
- Managing personal performance and development
- Developing working relationships with colleagues
- Health and safety in a business environment
- Using a telephone and voicemail system
- Meeting and welcoming visitors in a business environment
- Managing diary systems
- Producingbusiness documents
- Storing and retrieving information
- Handling mail
- Using and maintaining office equipment
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Using email
- A good level of general education with at least a grade D in GCSE English
- A Level One or Level Two BTEC Award/Certificate/Extended Certificate/Diploma
- A suitable reference from school or college
- A satisfactory college interview
Assessment comprises of a mixture of portfolio building and online tests.
The course can provide a platform to the Level Three Diploma in Business Administration (Apprenticeship) or for employment into an office based/clerical role.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.