Land-Based Horticulture Diploma Level 1 at City of Bristol College
You will study a variety of units, mainly practical. To give you an idea of the type of things you will learn, take a look at the examples below. Through the course, you will improve your English and maths skills whilst also focusing on your personal development to progress to the next level.
- Working safely in horticulture
- Understanding soils
- Preparing ground for planting or sowing
- Planting trees, herbaceous and bedding plants
- Maintaining plants e.g. weeding, pruning and fertilising
- Propagate plants from seed and cuttings
- Planting bulbs and containers e.g. hanging baskets
In order to join the course you must have:
- Strong interest in working with plants in the outdoors
- Enthusiasm for learning
- You will take an initial assessment in maths and English
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Bristol College directly.