Computer Science is a qualification that is relevant to the modern and changing
world of computing.
Why choose A Level Computer Science?
Our AS and A Level Computer Science qualifications will inspire and challenge
students to apply the knowledge they gain with the creative and technical skills
will acquire throughout the course.
Here are some of the key benefits of our new Computer Science specifications
for you and your students:
• The new qualifications will be focused on programming, will build on
our GCSE Computing and emphasise the importance of computational
thinking as a discipline.
• There’ll be an expanded maths focus, much of which will be embedded
within the course.
• The ICT content of the new specifications will be appropriate to a Computer
• Computational thinking will be at the core of the new specifications.
• The AS will consist of two components, which will be externally assessed
and weighted at 50% each.
• The A Level will consist of three components, two of which will be externally
marked question papers making up 80% of the qualification.
• The other 20% will be the coursework project, which will retain its current
qualities but will be more focused, with a greater emphasis on coding and
programming with a simple assessment model and marking criteria.