History A Level (AS/A2) at The Bicester School
A-Level History falls into the group of subjects that will follow the new specification for teaching from September 2015. This specification has been selected as it builds upon the units taught at GCSE and best matches the Historical Knowledge of our experienced A-Level teaching team.
Component 1 breadth study: one from the following list
- Stuart Britain and the crisis monarchy 1603‐1702
- The making of a superpower, USA 1865‐1975
- The quest for political stability Germany 1871‐1914.
- Tsarist and communist Russia 1855‐1964
Component 2 depth study one from the following list
- The Sun King Louis xiv France and Europe 1643‐1715
- International relations and global conflict 1890‐1941
- Wars and welfare, Britain in transition 1906‐57
- American Dream, reality and illusion 1945‐63
Component 3 (to be taken in year 13) a historical interpretation on a topic of the students choice with a final word count of 3 500
From the list above Students must do one British and one non British component
5 A*‐C at GCSE including English and Maths but it is recommended to have grade B in GCSE English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bicester School directly.