BTEC L3 SPORT WITH FOOTBALL at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- Combine a qualification equivalent to 3 A Levels with high level football coaching and matches in a competitive league.
- Work alongside a semi-professional football club, offering an experienced team of coaching and support staff.
- Study a broad sport programme in order to gain a Level 3 qualification.
- Develop academic knowledge of physiological, psychological and practical sport.
- Develop technical and tactical performance in football alongside players of a similar standard.
BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN SPORT
- Equivalent to 3 A Levels
- 12 hours a week study in school plus mandatory independent learning hours
- Units include:
Mandatory – Anatomy & Physiology, Fitness Training & Programming, Sports Leadership, Practical Sports Performance
Optional - Skill Acquisition, Sports Psychology, Performance Analysis, Research Project.
- 4 x examination units, 10 x coursework units.
All units graded Pass, Merit, Distinction.
You will be expected to attend a football trial with Alvechurch FC and attend an interview at STACS in order to be accepted onto the course. It is desirable to have a Grade 4 in Maths and English; without these you may miss out on some football to support re-sits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School directly.