Accessibility links

Art and Design: Textile Design A level at Lord Grey School

Course description

The course is about learning to express yourself more efficiently through visual means using textiles.

Students will learn to use and select primary and secondary source materials, record observations, experiences and ideas. Learners will respond visually to artists and other cultures and be able to analyse and evaluate their own work and that of others demonstrating an understanding of context.

Students will visually explore and develop different ideas, media and processes and learn to further modify and refine the work before creating a final piece. This will often be a garment that can be entered into a Fashion Show.

Assessment

The course is heavily weighted towards a personal portfolio which counts for 60% of the final grade. The examination element of the course accounts for the remaining 40%.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lord Grey School directly.

Last updated date: 07 September 2016

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 2 years

Venues