Music Technology A Level at La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School
YEAR 12 COURSE SPECIFICATION
* Music technology portfolio 1
* Task 1A Sequenced realised performance (e.g. sequence Rather Be by Clean Bandit)
* Task 1B Multi-track recording (e.g. a studio recording of Hold Back the River)
* Task 1C Creative sequenced arrangement (e.g. arrange Smells Like Teen Spirit by
Nirvana in a house or reggae style)
* Listening and analysing
* A listening exam, assessing knowledge of popular music styles from 1910-2016 with emphasis upon principles of music technology.YEAR 13 COURSE SPECIFICATION
* Music technology portfolio 2 (60%)
* Task 3A Sequenced integrated performance
* Task 3B Multi-track recording
* Task 3C Composing using music technology (e.g. write a 3 minute composition to reflect space exploration)
* Analysing and producing exam (40%)
Students will have opportunities to:
* Sequence MIDI
* Sequence audio
* Record live audio
* Produce CDs
* Compose using music technology
* Students will also have opportunities to build understanding of the technical processes and principles that underpin effective use of music technology.
Students can go on to study music technology, music, and creative music technology at a range of universities nationally. This can lead to careers in the music industry such as a musician, live sound engineer, composer, recording engineer and producer as well as support roles in the industry such as marketing, promotion and event management. Students who have a keen interest in music technology but have career aspirations that do not involve music technology can also choose to take this to complement a combination of more traditional A levels.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School directly.