Games Essentials Level 1 at Gateshead College
Do you like playing computer games? Are you interested in working in the games industry?
This is an excellent opportunity to practice and develop your skills from the ground up.
You work on a range of practical based projects, with the knowledge to help you progress on to higher levels in the future.
- Create a character design
- Develop a story for a Game
- Create a short video sequence for a video game
- No formal entry requirements apart from an interview to assess your needs.
- We’re looking for students who are interested in developing their games design skills. Don’t worry if you feel you can’t draw to a high standard already, as we’ll teach this – you just need to be willing to learn.
You'll develop your creative and problem solving skills and can use this course to progress on to other courses of your choice.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.