Electrical Installation Level 3 at Warrington & Vale Royal College
The Electrical Installation Diploma Level 3 is for those who wish to gain an industry recognised qualification in the electrical field.
The City and Guilds 2365 level 3 diploma in Electrical Installation covers part of both the Practical & Theory training units for installation electricians and consists of the following units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering.
You will have successfully completed the Level 2 in Electrical Installation and have been interviewed by the appropriate curriculum staff.
You are also required to possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs (C or above), including Maths and English (or Adult Literacy and Numeracy Level 2), or successful completion of a Level 2 course (achieving a merit or above and completing Functional Skills Maths and English).
On completion of Level 2 and gaining 4 or above in maths and English.
This will increase your chances of employment or progression onto Higher Education. You will be assessed and put onto a suitable course which will enable you to achieve a qualification. Applicants who do not meet these entry requirements will be assessed on an individual basis by the Curriculum Manager and Cirriculum Director.
Throughout the course you will be assessed on the various units by online exams plus written and practical assessments.
You will need:
- Suitable writing equipment including pens ,paper and a scientific calculator.
- A navy Polo T-Shirt with the college logo and wlectrical embroidery
- Black cargo / work trousers
- Safety shoes or boots -rRigger boots are not allowed
- A CSCS Card will also be needed for work placements at a cost of £30.
Within the first week of term you will be advised on the reading list you will need to obtain to assist you in completing the course.
You could progress onto the City & Guilds 2391 Level 3 Inspection and Testing course or complete a City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition Wiring Regulations course.
Will I complete work placements?
Work placements are not applicable to this course.Are trips and residentials organised during the course?
Trips and residentials are not applicable to this course.Are there any links with industry?
Industry links are not applicable to this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warrington & Vale Royal College directly.