Animal Management - 90-Credit Diploma at Easton & Otley College
The Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Animal Management is a full-time one year vocational course.
The course is suited to students who are progressing from Level 2 and looking to extend their skills and knowledge at Level 3 with the view to progressing into the animal care industry.
The course will build on key concepts and theories introduced at Level 2 and students will be given the opportunity to develop their vocational skills further.
Students must complete 300 hours work experience in the animal care industry alongside their attendance at college to achieve the full qualification.
Typical placements may include kennels, catteries, pet shops, farms, farm parks, zoos, animal sanctuaries, animal rescue centres and veterinary practices.
The course offers a blend of theory, task-based learning, tutorials and practical workshops at college combined with field visits and work experience in the animal care industry.
Course content (subject to change):
- Animal Biology
- Practical Animal Feeding
- Animal Handling & Safe Working
- Animal Health
- Breed Development & Welfare
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Animal Behaviour & Communication
- Animal Nutrition
- Farm Livestock Husbandry
- Work Related Experience
This course is suited to students who hold
- four GCSEs at Grade A-C including Maths, English and Science
- or hold a Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care at Merit Level, plus Functional Skills at Level 2.
- Other Level 2 qualifications are accepted and must be at merit profile plus Science and Maths GCSE at Grades A-C.
Students may seek employment in animal welfare and rescue centres, animal sanctuaries, pet retail outlets, zoos and safari parks, veterinary practices, kennels and catteries and dog grooming parlours.
Students who achieve Merit may progress onto the second year of the Level 3 Extended Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.