Sport BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma at Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School
- One National Governing Body Awards in an outdoor adventurous activity
- First Aid qualification
- Child protection qualification
- Sports Massage course
- Sport Science lectures at St. Mary's University, Twickenham
- Open Day visits for sports students to a variety of different universities
- A place a Brighton Summer School for sport
- Two weeks work experience in a profession of choice
At least a Merit in the BTEC First Award in Sport as well as a Level 2 merit in the unit 1 exam
At least a B grade at GCSE PE
There are 14 units of which 10 are mandatory and 4 are external.
One unit is a written examination set and marked by Pearson. The exam will last for 1.5 hours.
Three units are tasks set and marked by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions. Learners are provided with a case study two weeks prior to the assessment period to conduct research. The assessment period is two hours over a period of two days, timetabled by Pearson.
All internally assessed units require a portfolio of work referenced against each of the grading criteria in the units.
BTEC Sport Uniform
- Nike Foundation Jacket
- Nike Foundation training top
- Nike Training Trousers (optional)
Termly fee payments contribute to some of the activities and trips learners are taken on to enhance learning. Trips, courses and qualifications allow students to develop an impressive professional portfolio when applying for universities and/or employment.
- Fitness Centres
- Leisure Management
- Teacher Training
- Health and Fitness
- Sports therapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School directly.