NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy - Apprenticeship (WBL) at The Academy Hair & Beauty Ltd
What will the course involve?
- The Academy is able to offer an NVQ in Beauty Therapy. This is a part time programme which is run two days at The Academy, and three days work based as an apprentice in a salon (WBL). The course lasts for one year.
The course involves successful completion of the following specialist units:
- Ensure responsibilities for actions
- Promote additional services and products
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care
- Enhance the appearance of lashes and brows
- Carry out waxing treatments
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure services
- Provide make up services
- Enhance the appearance of the skin using camouflage techniques
To be accepted onto this course, you will normally have:
- Minimum of 3 D’s, but C’s or above are preferred
- A VRQ in hair or beauty or other related qualifications
- A strong commitment to working in the industry
You will be assessed throughout the course by building a portfolio of evidence. To gain the full NVQ all nine units need to be completed. You may be asked to bring in clients for practical assessment.
You can use the NVQ to progress to a NVQ Level 3 or seek employment in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Academy Hair & Beauty Ltd directly.