AS/A2 Food and Nutrition at The Priory City of Lincoln academy
Type of Course: AS and A2
Cambridge IGCSE Food and Nutrition Syllabus code 0648
Why choose Cambridge IGCSE Food and Nutrition?
Cambridge IGCSE Food and Nutrition is accepted by universities and employers as proof of knowledge and understanding of food and nutrition. Successful IGCSE Food and Nutrition candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
• an understanding of nutrition and of health problems related to diet
• an understanding of how socio-economic factors affect diet
• an awareness of how eating patterns and dietary needs depend on age and social group
• an awareness of how the position of the consumer differs in developed and under-developed economies
• the ability to assess the effectiveness and validity of claims made by advertisers
• aesthetic and social sensitivity to dietary patterns
• an interest in the creative aspect and enjoyment of food
• skills necessary for food preparation and food preservation
• the ability to organise and manage family food resources and to use food sensibly in everyday life
• knowledge of safety and hygiene requirements.
Cambridge IGCSE Food and Nutrition is an ideal foundation for further study at A Level, and the skills learnt can also be used in other areas of study and in everyday life.
Food and Nutrition gives candidates the chance to develop their knowledge and skills in an area that is relevant to their own lives and also through understanding where food and nutrition fits in the modern, changing, multi-cultural society. Candidates must apply knowledge gained from the Food and Nutrition syllabus and use practical skills in a way that keeps in mind factors such as personal/family needs and lifestyles, available money and foodstuffs, and how diet relates to health.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Priory City of Lincoln academy directly.