IT Professional Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship covers work in a broad range of digital technologies that help us use and share information, such as mobiles, computers, broadband provision, and satellite communications.
The IT industry develops computer solutions that help businesses and individuals become more successful in their work. It’s a fast-moving sector, so apprentices should have a keen interest in new technology.
IT professionals serve customers in all types of business. They could be developing software or websites, helping companies set up new systems, or training people to use their IT facilities. IT apprentices will study software installation, communication skills and technical fault diagnosis, and gain an IT qualification from a recognised group.
Here are a few examples of the units you may study –
Level 2 and Level 3:
- Develop personal & organisational effectiveness
- Health and Safety in IT
- Data analysis
- Software development
- Technical faults diagnosis
- Testing IT systems
- Working with IT hardware and equipment .
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in IT
Assessments are carried out in your workplace.
Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card
Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
- Further study: If you complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto Level 3. Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Job opportunities: Level 2: Support technician, website administrator, helpdesk professional and field operations. Level 3: Software/ web developer, desktop support engineer, network planner, database administrator, network engineer and software tester.
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.