Electrical Installation Level 3 Diploma at Lowestoft College
This course is for anyone who wants to work as an electrician in the building services engineering sector. This qualification does not make candidates fully qualified electricians. It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
You will study a range of units including:
- Unit 201/501 Health and safety in building services engineering
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Unit 302 Principles of electrical science
- Unit 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Unit 304 Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Unit 305 Electrical systems design
- Unit 308 Career awareness in building services engineering
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures), learners must achieve 52 credits from the mandatory units available.
You will need to hold the Level 2 Diploma in City and Guilds 2365 in Electrical Installation or the Level 2 City and Guilds 2330 in Electrotechnical
Your entry level will be assessed based on any previous experience you may have, initial aptitude test results and from discussing your goals and aspirations. No matter what level you start at, each course prepares you for the next, to allow you to progress and maximise your potential.
Assignments are practical and written and cover the skills and knowledge in the above units - there are various practical tasks to be completed within the practical workbook and each unit will have an online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment) and there will be long answer written papers and final end of year practical testing exams
It allows candidates to progress into employment, although not as a fully qualified electrician, or to the following City and Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 4 Award in Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.