Vehicle Fitting Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at North Lindsey College
Apprenticeships are employment led programmes designed for young people aged 16+.
You will have a job within a garage or a vehicle maintenance team, where you will earn real wages and combine this with learning technical skills. You will also come to College for off the job training to develop your practical skills and to learn underpinning
The Apprenticeship in Vehicle Fitting is made up of the following components that make the apprenticeship framework:
Level 2 Vehicle Fitting Competence
Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Fitting Principles
Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English.
You must achieve all components to achieve the apprenticeship award.
- The Award covers the following units:
- Health & Safety, Good Housekeeping Skills
- Knowledge and skills of Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices
- Supporting Job Roles within the Automotive Work Environment
- Knowledge and Skills in Inspection, Repair and Replace High Performance Tyres
- Knowledge and Skills in Light Vehicle Wheel Alignment
- Knowledge and Skills in Inspection and Replacement of Exhausts
- Knowledge and Skills of Inspecting, Testing and Replacement of Vehicle Batteries
- Knowledge and Skills of Inspection and Replacement of Light Vehicle Suspension Dampers and Springs
- Knowledge and Skills of Inspection and Replacement of Vehicle Braking Systems
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs - two at grade D and two at Grade E
- Employment in a vehicle fitting role
You will primarily be assessed by observation, written statements, oral and written
questioning and mini assignments. Your assessor will visit you in the workplace to carry out assessments. Functional Skills are assessed by an externally assessed test. The Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles is assessed by an external test.
Your progress on the programme will be reviewed a minimum of every 8-10 weeks. This is normally done in your workplace. Targets will be set that reflect your individual needs.
Studentss who want to progress onto a full-time course may be considered for the Level
2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles.
Previous learners have successfully gained employment within the industry and progressed onto higher level qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.